Sunday, September 4, 2016

Anxious--By Lynn White--Wales

Anxious

I am dancing in the sunlight,
the bright, bright light.
I know the cloud is there
but I can forget it, till I stop.
And then..
There it is, even bigger
and blacker than before.
Darker than ever.
It doesn’t like me dancing,
doesn’t like the laughter
or the sunshine.
Brightness breaks it,
shatters it into a grey mist.
But still it won’t leave me.
The brighter the sunlight,
the louder the laughter,
the greater my fear
that it will form again
and suck me into its darkness.

First published by Ealain, Into The Dark, Issue 10, May 2015

Lynn White lives in north Wales. Her work is influenced by issues of social justice and events, places and people she has known or imagined. She is especially interested in exploring the boundaries of dream, fantasy and reality. Her poems have been widely published.

6 comments:

  1. Dear Lynn,
    Thank you for this lovely poem. The interplay between darkness and light is unique and and compelling.--Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A powerful poetic description of anxiety, Lynn. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You described anxiety with artistry. Thank you, Lynn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely done, Lynn. Thank you for sharing. Continued blessings!

    -MJ (www.tgbtgpublictions.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed the read and your emotive subject. I nearly passed it by...is the title enough, to bring you into, the beauty of your writing?Just a thought. Best wishes Ralph

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll give it some thought! I tend to like short titles!

      Delete